Upload a Form to the SSFC Chair
Authorized Signer Forms, Budget Alterations, Co-Sponsorships…
One place to upload them all and get them to the people who need them most!
Are you planning an event/program for your General Student Services Funded Organization?
One of the many perks of being funded by the GSSF is that organizations receive robust programming budgets to provide events/programs across campus to UW-Madison Students.
There are several Federal, State, University Accounting, Associated Students of Madison, and Student Services Finance Committee policies at work when expensing segregated fees for your event/program.
Here are some questions you will want to answer when planning an event so you can prepare all of the financial documents required and submit them on time.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Have you written a Justification for the event/program?
When submitting anything or requesting expenses for an event/program, a Justification must accompany all financial documents.
Justifications should include:
- Date of Event/Program
- Time of Event/Program
- Location of Event/Program (in-person location or virtual platform being used)
- Proposed agenda of the Event/Program
- Exact budget line being used for the Event/Program
- The overall mission of your organization
- The mission/purpose of the budget line/event/program as submitted in your Eligibility Application
- How both missions/purposes are being met by the event/program
- If there are speakers, the first and last name and appropriate booking link/website link
- Any flyers, advertisements, etc. that will be used for the event/program
Does the event/program align with your mission?
In order to fund programming, the event must align with your organization’s mission statement AND with the exact program you’re using funding from’s purpose/mission.
Example: the mission of your program might be to facilitate an educational workshop and part of your mission for your organization is providing educational experiences to the student body.
Is the event/program with another organization?
If the other organization is contributing any funds/advertising to the event, you will need to submit a Co-Sponsorship form. These are due at least 3 weeks in advance of the event.
Are you paying for a speaker at the event/program?
You will need to submit an Entertainment Contract. These are due at least 3 weeks in advance of the event.
Do you have the proper budget line to fund this event/program?
If you do not have a budget line for the event/program but it meets your overall mission of your organization, you can submit a budget alteration. These are due at least 3 weeks in advance of the event.
Are you submitting more than one financial document for the event/program?
Certain documents must be submitted prior to others so we can accurately move funds and finish accounting processes.
The following are true for an event/program:
- Co-Sponsorships should be submitted and approved prior to Budget Alterations.
What cannot be funded?
Segregated fee money cannot fund the following:
- Gift cards, vouchers, or cash gifts
- Donations (supplies or monetary)
- Thank you cards
General Student Services Fund Comprehensive Guide
Last updated Fall 2020