The Student Activity Center is located on the third and fourth floors of the University Square building (333 East Campus Mall). The building resides between University Avenue and Johnson Street, bordered by Lake Street on the east side.
The SAC is is the only student-run space on campus. ASM funds, manages, and allocates the space, including offices ranging from 50 to 750 square feet, conference rooms, a rooftop deck, study areas, and a multipurpose room.
Hours (subject to change)
The SAC will be open 10am-5pm on January 18 – 21 and January 24.
SAC Spring Semester Hours (beginning January 25, 2022):
SAC Contact Information
SAC Spring Semester Hours:
The following policies apply, and your organization is responsible for informing all members and guests who attend:
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Groups must be a registered student organization to reserve space. Departmental requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Groups may only reserve up to 4 hours per week in the Multi-Purpose Room during peak times (Mon-Fri after 5pm, all day Sat & Sun).
- Single events may not exceed more than 6 hours.
- Conference room access is limited to 15 minutes prior to event start time.
- Failure to comply with the SAC and campus policies may result in loss of reservation privileges.
GUTS offers free tutoring and mentoring to hundreds of students and university affiliates each semester.
Open Seat food pantry
The Open Seat strives to alleviate the stresses of food insecurity by providing friendly and accessible sources of food for the students of The University of Wisconsin-Madison.
StudentPrint is a student-run, nonprofit print shop on campus serving students, student organizations, professors, and the greater Madison community.
Tenant Resource Center
The Tenant Resource Center provides information and referrals, education about rental rights and responsibilities, and access to conflict resolution to renters and property owners.